My career has been motivated by one idea — psychology can help humanity move forward. Contributing to the popular press and creating original content gives me the opportunity to help others understand how psychology can make their lives better.
- Quartz: The psychology of Star Trek’s relentless optimism about the future
- The Walking Dead: Killing Someone Doesn't Make You Crazy in The Walking Dead's Zombie Apocalypse
- Nerd of Color: The Psychology of Star Wars: The Force Awakens — Could a Stormtrooper Become a Hero?
- CBS 48 Hours: What causes gun violence?
- The British Psychological Society: Searching for authentic memories in the digital age | Blade Runner 2049
- New York Times: Are You a Hair-Twirler, Nail-Biter or Knuckle-Cracker?
- Mashable: Why social media is freaking you out in Trump's America—and how to stop it
- Fader: Send Nudes (Or Don’t): Sexting nude photos reveals a lot more about us than what we look like naked
- NPR/WNYC's The Brian Lehrer Show: What's 'TMI' About Mental Illness
- New York Post: Why ‘Jaws’ terrifies even phobia experts
- Comics Alliance: Stories of Suicide: Myths, Risks, and Help-Seeking in the Creative Community
- Vice News: Why Do Statues of Humans Terrify Me? An Investigation
- Inquiring Minds: The Psychology of Hate
- Upright Citizens Brigade's Crazy; In Bed: News Anxiety
- The Daily Beast: Is J.J. Abrams Lost in Space?
- Huffington Post: What Makes A Phobia Different From Fear
- Smithsonian: How Close Are We to Creating a Real-Life Chappie?
- Lifehacker: The Sunday Blues Are All in Your Head
- Democracy Now: World’s Largest Psychologists Group Bans Role in National Security Interrogations
- HuffPost Live: When Hair Pulling Is More Than Just Habit
- The Mighty: The Article I Wish I’d Found When I Googled ‘Thinking About Suicide’
- APA Monitor: Give Psychology Away
- The Sydney Morning Herald: When Grooming Becomes Pathological
- Psych2Go: Meet Dr. Ali Mattu, Clinical and Science Fiction Psychologist
- Forbes: Should I Quit the Internet?
- Mashable: ‘Dangerous logic’: The psychology behind bias and Islamophobia in America
- Discovery News: Can You Hack Your Brain To Not Feel Fear?
- BrainCraft: MUTANT MENU | The Ethics of Gene Editing
- Discovery News: Why Do People Pull Out Their Own Hair?
- Discovery News: Can Sexting Improve Your Relationship?